Convenience & value
Because we are part of Home Retail Group, Argos for Business's customers benefit from our clear scale advantage, derived from the well-invested infrastructure the group have built up over many years.
The Group's vision is to build successful businesses that bring unrivalled convenience and value to customers, whether shopping at home or on the move. In essence, shaping the future of shopping. And this applies whenever you're shopping on behalf of your business, too.
The resulting strategy is focused on the following pillars, which support the vision:
- Digital leadership and accelerating multi-channel
- Home Retail Group has been at the forefront of advances in technology that have brought about a fundamental and permanent shift in the way customers shop.
- Increasingly, people choose to buy online, or on the move through mobile devices, principally for pick-up in a local store but also for direct delivery.
- This ‘multi-channel’ experience is core to what the group does – and brings major advantages to our business customers, large and small.
- Product leadership and exclusive brands
- Home Retail Group uses the strength of its retail brands to drive leadership in core markets through expanding the product ranges available. Even though there are over 67,000 products across Argos and Homebase, the group is always looking for opportunities to offer new products and services.
- During 2013, Argos expanded its range of own brand products with a further 700 lines from its Alba, Bush, Chad Valley, Hygena, Schreiber and Habitat ranges. Argos now has an increased range of white goods available for immediate in-store collection from around 450 larger stores.
- Compelling customer offering
- All Argos for Business customers continue to receive excellent service and choice because the Home Retail Group’s strategy of maximising buying scale and sourcing capabilities, particularly via direct import and direct sourcing of products.
- For example, Argos maintains its commitment to being highly price competitive through weekly price comparisons on major sellers, enhanced through ‘WOW’ offers and the Argos Value range.
- Continued cost management
- The Group has a strong track record of delivering significant organisational and infrastructure changes which improve flexibility and reduce costs, while maintaining or improving operational standards.
- For example, over the past four years, the group has managed to offset cost inflation of £125m with cost savings of around £267m – resulting in a cost reduction of £142m in total over the same period.
- This constant effort to buy better and operate leaner means our low prices stay low, helping our business customers save money time after time.
- Financial strength
- The Group has strong cash flow balances, with £396m of net cash as at 2 March 2013 (up from £194m the previous year).
- That means a healthy financial position for a key supplier to your organisation, who is here for the long term.